Are you an international student and want to study abroad at a prestigious institution? If your focus is on Europe and you want an education from a Scandinavian country, then there is an opportunity for you that also offers scholarships to you. There is a big opportunity for you to study in Norway for international students. You may now get this chance to study at the most renowned and worthwhile business school that now offers you scholarships for PhD programme. If interested, you may now learn details about the PhD Scholarships at BI Norwegian Business School. Let’s now find out the details.
Relevant Details about the PhD Scholarships at BI Norwegian Business School
As far as the BI Norwegian Business School is concerned, it is among the top-ranked business schools in Europe that combines internationally recognized research and a wider range of educational offerings such as study programs from bachelor’s to master and doctoral degrees as well as executive programmes.
The applications are invited by the Department of Accounting and Operations Management at BI Norwegian Business School for doctoral scholarships. The program commencement date is August 2024.
You Might Like: International Postdoctoral Program in Austria (Fully Funded)
About PhD Specialization in Accounting
This specialization in Accounting will prepare candidates for careers in the world’s most known and leading academic institutions, industry, and research-oriented national and international organizations.
PhD programme will be of 4 years duration and offers rigorous training for candidates laced with strong intellectual curiosity and strong analytical skills. The programme follows a structure often used in comparable programmes across the globe.
In this programme, the first three semesters will be devoted to coursework covering all the major areas/fields in Accounting and core topics in Finance and Economics related to an Accounting PhD.
BI Faculty will mainly teach these courses. On part of the candidates, they will be able to take specialized courses and participate in doctoral workshops via various international accounting research networks.
The second year of the programme will witness the candidates transitioning to research-related work. The candidates will work toward the doctoral dissertation which is a collection of 3 research articles. The research work to be done will be in close cooperation with the supervisor plus other members of the faculty from the department.
Requirements of Application for the PhD Scholarships at BI Norwegian Business School
- BI seeks applications from candidates having solid quantitative skills plus a strong background in fields/disciplines like economics, accounting, mathematics, finance, and statistics. It is worth noting that analytical skills and strong communication happen to be crucial for the successful completion of this pogramme. It should be noted that if applicants are otherwise equally qualified, BI will give preference to female candidates. BI welcomes research interests, empirical or theoretical in all areas of accounting. Let’s check out the list of the formal application requirements:
- You must have completed a Master of Science degree with thesis work, an MPhil degree/Research Masters, or a comparable degree related to the specialization in accounting by the time the programme commences in early autumn of 2024 (with a grade point average of B or higher). If you have an MBA degree, it will not fulfill admission requirements.
- If you are an applicant holding a Master’s degree from an institution located in an EU/EEA country, you are encouraged to take either the GRE or GMAT test. If you hold a Master’s degree that is not from an institution in an EU/EEA country, you will be required to take either the GRE or GMAT test.
- BI encourages the applicants to take either IELTS or TOEFL test.
- The material should be uploaded to the electronic application.
Related Scholarships You Might Like:
- Study in the UK and South Africa Through Beit Postgraduate scholarships
- Complete Application Procedure with Eligibility and Details about California State University Pre-Doctoral Program
- Statement of Purpose
- Recommendation Letters
- Selected Academic Work
This 4 years programme is set as per the Norwegian State Salary Scale and presently pays NOK 540.300 annually. This PhD position is linked to The Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund (Statens Pensjonskasse). This scholarship involves a 25 percent teaching obligation.
Deadline for Application Submission
The closing date of the application submission is 1st December 2023. You should submit the application as early as possible.
How to Apply for the PhD Scholarships at BI Norwegian Business School
Those who think they are eligible to apply for this scholarship opportunity should visit the official webpage and carefully read all details including the application instructions. Application submission link is also available on the official webpage.
Follow Our Social Platforms to Receive More Scholarships & Relevant Opportunities
Get regular updates on scholarships and all other relevant opportunities by joining our social media platforms.
Another Interesting Opportunity: United Nations World Food Programme Internships (Paid)
More Interesting Scholarships for You:
- University of Toronto Offers Full Coverage Scholarships
- Distance Learning Programs at Lund University Sweden