Europe always entices everyone with its beauty, eye-pleasing locations, tourism and to name a few. But it also attracts students from all parts of the world. Europe, where it is packed with top-ranked universities, is also known for research done at the universities and research institutions. If you are looking for scientific research in Europe and want funding for your research at the same time, there is an opportunity for you in Austria. Learn the details about the IST-BRIDGE International Postdoctoral Program. Let’s now check it out.
Relevant Details about the IST-BRIDGE International Postdoctoral Program
If you are looking for cutting edge basic research that needs to be done in an international environment, then this opportunity fits well to your needs. Do you like to push the frontiers of science and work with colleagues and supervisors who are among the best in the entire world, then again, this IST’s postdoctoral program happens to be a true fit for you and your career goals.
These are fully funded two-year postdoctoral fellowships targeted to highly qualified candidates who have completed or will soon complete their PhD degrees or their equivalent education (degrees) in the fields of computer or natural sciences, mathematics, or any relevant discipline.
The careers of IST-BRIDGE postdocs will be developed/enhanced by a flexible ‘career-tracks’ training program and optional non-academic secondments, placement in ISTA research support units, and academic secondments to exceptional international BRIDGE Network partners.
If interested, you may submit your applications now. The 5th call for proposals (applications) has been announced and the applications are now invited. Interested candidates are advised to submit/upload their application documents including reference letters by the deadline.
About ISTA (The Institute of Science and Technology Austria)
ISTA is a PhD granting research institution committed and dedicated to novel research in the mathematical, physical, computer, and life sciences. Established in 2006, it was launched by the Federal Government of Austria. The institute holds values among the researchers and research students from around the world.
Eligibility Criteria for the IST-BRIDGE International Postdoctoral Program
- The research fields supported by ISTA are eligible.
- By the deadline, applicants have to possess a PhD degree (or its equivalent) or have at least 4 years of full-time equivalent research experience and they anticipate the completion of their doctorate (PhD) degree prior to the beginning of their fellowship (that should not be later than – seven months post – deadline – see guide for applicants). It is worth noting that a fellowship contract will not be issued until the candidate’s diploma copy/proof of successful defense is provided.
- Applicants did not reside or carry out their main activity (such as studies, work, etc.) in Austria for more than twelve months in the thirty-six months immediately before the original call deadline (which is 5th November 2023).
- Researchers already employed at The Institute of Science and Technology Austria at the call deadline which is 5th November 2023 are not eligible to submit the application.
Related Opportunity: Graduate Research Scholarships at La Trobe University in Australia
Associated Financial Benefits
The following benefits will be offered to successful candidates.
- Profiled competency training – four flexible career tracks.
- Interdisciplinary, international, and intersectoral fellowship program.
- Two years, fully funded postdoctoral position (there are optional extensions for secondments/placements).
- There will be optional BRIDGE secondments and placements.
- You will receive the title of ‘Marie Sklodowska-Curie Fellow’ – an internationally recognized mark of research excellence.
Deadline to Submit Applications
The deadline to submit your application is 5th November 2023. It is advised to submit the application well before time.
How to Apply for the IST-BRIDGE International Postdoctoral Program
If you think you are eligible to apply for this opportunity, you should then visit the official call for proposals and submit your application according to the instructions mentioned on the official call. Besides, you have to check the ‘How to Apply’ section on the official call very carefully before applying for this opportunity and follow the instructions for the process.
Follow Our Social Platforms to Receive More Scholarships & Relevant Opportunities
Get regular updates on scholarships and all other relevant opportunities by joining our social media platforms.
Another Interesting Opportunity: The University of Toronto Offers Lester B. Pearson Scholarships
More Interesting Scholarships for You:
- Fully Funded Scholarships By China Research Council
- Australian National University Scholarships in Australia