There is no doubt in mentioning that Beit Trust Scholarships are quite popular among students, and they take a deep interest in these awards. In the year 2023, the trust conferred 21 scholarships at British and South African universities through its partnerships with the leading and top-ranked universities. If you are interested in these awards and want to be a recipient of the Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships Program, you should then learn all the details so that you can apply.
Relevant Details about the Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships
These are actually the scholarships for postgraduate degrees only. Thus, if you plan to apply, you need to understand it. You need to know that Beit Trust does not provide scholarship opportunities for undergraduate work and its postgraduate focus is on Master’s degrees.
Besides, there are no scholarship opportunities for PhD research ab initio. But there are exceptional circumstances and for Beit scholars of exceptional merit, the trustees may extend support to the PhD level. Apart from the above, the trust also does not consider applications for MBAs.
If interested in applying for this award, the next round of scholarships is for the academic year commencing September 2024 for universities located in the United Kingdom, and January 2025 for universities located in South Africa. Interested candidates may now start their applications, as the application process is now open.
Eligibility Criteria for the Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships
- The Beit Trust only supports those students who are citizens/nationals of Zimbabwe, Zambia, or Malawi who possess permanent residence, live there, and/or intend to return to their home country after the completion of their studies.
- By 31st December 2023, the applicants must be under the age of 35 years.
- Related work experience after completion of a first degree is highly and strongly recommended and will count towards the scholarship award.
- As far as the doctors and vets are concerned, they need to possess 18 months of internship, and a one-year, preferably rural, posting in Zimbabwe, Zambia, or Malawi.
- If you already have started a course, the trust will not consider your applications.
- Applications with first-class/distinction or upper second-class honors degrees (or equivalent) at an undergraduate level will only be considered by the trust.
Partner Universities in the UK and South Africa
Beit Trust has university partnerships in the UK and South Africa. Let’s check out the names of these universities.
Partner Universities in the UK – the University of Cambridge, The University of Edinburgh, the University of Glasgow, the University of Leeds, the University of Oxford, the Blavatnik School of Government, the University of St. Andrews, and the University of Strathclyde Glasgow.
Partner Universities in South Africa – Rhodes University, Stellenbosch University, the University of Cape Town, and the University of Pretoria.
Associated Financial Benefits
For the financial benefits of the Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships 2024-2025, successful students will receive below-mentioned financial coverage.
- Trust will directly pay your fees, tuition costs, and related academic expenditures to the partner universities.
- You will receive a personal allowance, index-linked in accordance with guidance from an independent authority, covering maintenance support.
- Other allowances will also be offered and be paid for arrival, a laptop, and departure.
- You will also be provided with economy class tickets for the initial journey to the pace of your study, and on your final return.
- Trust will not offer allowances for your spouses, dependents, or other family members.
Related Scholarships You Might Like:
- Lester B. Pearson Scholarships at the University of Toronto
- Graduate Research Scholarships at LaTrobe University in Australia
Closing Date of Applications
The last date for application submission for a Beit Trust Scholarship for South African and British universities is 19th February 2024. It is advised as always to submit the applications well before time.
· Medical Certificate Form Signed by Your Doctor
· Copy of Offer Letter
· Degree Results
· Personal Statement (500 words – how you think a postgraduate degree can benefit your country and its development)
· Your Clear Photo
· Clear Copy of Your Valid Passport
How to Apply for the Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships
Interested and eligible candidates should visit the official call for these scholarships and learn all the details very carefully including the application process before applying. Once you are ready and have learned everything, you may then submit the application following the instructions. There are two application procedures – one for UK universities and the other for South African universities. You need to follow what applies to you.
Follow Our Social Platforms to Receive More Scholarships & Relevant Opportunities
Get regular updates on scholarships and all other relevant opportunities by joining our social media platforms.
Another Interesting Opportunity: Internships at the United Nations World Food Programme
More Interesting Scholarships for You:
- Out of State Student Scholarship – An Attractive Opportunity
- FAOU Internship Program Available in Estonia