There is no denying in mentioning that the scholarship opportunities offered by The Aga Khan Foundation are awaited anxiously. If you are the one who is seeking this higher education funding for your studies abroad, then you need to get ready to make your applications. The foundation provides attractive funding facilities to students wishing to study. If you have potential, you may be awarded this facility. Let’s check out the details about The Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship Programme (ISP). If interested, you should begin the application process.
Relevant Details about Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship Programme (ISP)
Well, Aga Khan Foundation grants are widely welcome by the students since they attract to the funding facility offered to them. The scholarship is offered to support exceptional and gifted students from developing countries, who have no other means to continue (financing) their studies to pursue their postgraduate study programs (full-time) conducted at renowned higher education institutions of their choice.
You Might Like: TikTok Offers Internship Program
Brief Details about International Scholarship Programme
Following is the detail in a brief manner for the ease and understanding of all applicants.
Organization: Aga Khan Foundation
Program/Scholarship Opportunity: International Scholarship Program
Offered Study Programs: Masters & Ph.D. Degrees
Financial Status: Yes/Available
Application Deadline: 17th March 2023
About The Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN)
AKDN is committed and dedicated to enhancing the quality of life of those students who are in need mainly from Africa and Asia irrespective of their faith, origin, or gender. The Aga Khan Development Network works in more than thirty countries across the world. AKDN operates more than one thousand programs and institutions – many of them date back over sixty and one hundred years. There are around 96,000 employees at AKDN. The organization channel one billion dollars per year into development projects.
Eligible Countries for Aga Khan Scholarship 2023
Through an annual competitive application procedure, award recipients are chosen. Currently, the scholarship is available in:
- Kyrgyz Republic
Note: The applicants who are from Canada, Portugal, France, and the USA, their applications will be accepted if they are originally from one of the above-mentioned countries. And they show their interest in development-related education (studies) and have no other means to finance their studies.
Related Scholarships You Might Like:
- Scholarships in Denmark at University of Copenhagen
- Study Through Distance Learning – Masters, Stand-Alone & MOOCs Available
Criteria for Selection
If you want to apply for the program, you need to meet the following criteria. Let’s check out Aga Khan scholarship eligibility criteria.
- Outstanding academic records.
- There must be a genuine financial need. According to the financial need of the applicant, financial aid will be provided. But, remember, the ISP has to be considered a resource of last resort. The applicants are required to show that they have discovered and secured various funding sources. The need for award funding will be determined individually by deducting from the eligible students’ expenditures, loans (if any), the total of other grants, employment income of students, and parental contribution.
- The students are encouraged to try lessening (reducing) the amount requested from the Foundation by submitting applications (applying) to other sources of assistance also.
- Admission to a renowned and noted postgraduate university (institution of higher education). The priority will be given to Masters degrees but also applications for PhD degrees will be accepted for funding from ISP provided that the courses quality is maintained.
- Extracurricular activities and achievements, strong professional experience, leadership skills and volunteer contributions.
- Young professionals will be given preference under the age of 30.
- Applications for short-term programs (courses) will not be considered. The applications from students who have already started postgraduate programs or who are currently enrolled in part-time programs will also not be considered.
Note: To check the accuracy of the information and complete details, the applicants are advised to check the official call.
Financial Benefits Associated with This Opportunity
As far as Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship Programme 2023 is concerned, there are benefits to be offered to selected students. These awards are structured as a half grant and half loan scheme (such as the applicants need to pay back 50% of the scholarship/award amount).
- The scholarships awarded for Master’s degrees will be provided for the whole duration of the study program.
- For doctorate programs, scholarships will be conferred for the first two years of study, after that period the students have to find other funding solutions (alternative funding sources).
- This award makes coverage of tuition costs and living expenses. There is no coverage for international travel and living costs for family members.
Note: The applicants are advised to check the official call to learn complete details for financial benefits.
The last submission date for applications is 17th March 2023.
How to Apply for Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship Programme (ISP)
The application cycle has started in January 2023, and you may begin with your applications now. Those interested in applying have to contact their local office for application forms, application requirements and deadlines since all of these could vary by country.
The applications need to be submitted to the agency from where the applicants obtained the application form. Incomplete or late applications will not be entertained. The applicants might be interviewed by local scholarship committees about their academic performance, financial needs, career planning, and extracurricular achievements. Visit the official website for complete details and the application procedure.
Follow Our Social Platforms to Receive More Scholarships & Relevant Opportunities
Get regular updates on scholarships and all other relevant opportunities by joining our social media platforms.
Another Interesting Opportunity: Maastricht University Holland-High Potential Scholarships in The Netherlands
More Interesting Scholarships for You:
- Sacred Heart University Scholarships in USA
- Fellowships are Available at University of Geneva in Switzerland