Are you all set to embark on getting enrolled in The Obama Foundation Scholars Program? If yes, the application period is open now. The program provides rising leaders who are from the USA and across the globe and already making a difference in their communities with the opportunity to take their work to the next level via an immersive curriculum that brings together skills-based, academic, and hands-on learning. Applications are open for the Obama Foundation Scholars at Columbia University in the United States.
Relevant Details Regarding the Obama Foundation Scholars at Columbia University
There is no doubt that the program is laced with utter benefits. Thus, once you complete this program, you will:
- Return to work on your global issue of focus and implement your personalized action plan to accelerate positive change within your community.
- Get an impressive opportunity to enact a role in the Obama Foundation’s efforts to empower, inspire, and connect rising leaders from across the world.
As far as the Obama Foundation Scholars at Columbia University are concerned, they will be based at Columbia World Projects which is an initiative to mobilize the researchers and scholars of the university to work with organizations, governments, businesses, and communities to generate tangible solutions to real-world issues.
This widely-famous program takes advantage of the novel opportunities for engagement that come with being at the world’s most vital center of research and living in New York City.
Important Components of the Obama Foundation Scholars Program
There are various key components included in the Obama Foundation Scholars. Let’s check them out.
- You will get to witness a weekly seminar that runs the length of the academic year. The weekly seminar explores questions in tandem with important global trends including technological developments, inequality, the diffusion of power, climate change, and population movements.
- There will be professional as well as personal development workshops which are designed to strengthen practical skills to increase scholars’ ability to lead.
- There will be an experiential learning component that engages scholars in the projects of Columbia World (Columbia World Projects).
- You will find audited coursework which will provide scholars with the flexibility to make a selection and enroll in up to two graduate-level courses each semester at Columbia University.
- You will witness a thought leadership speaker series that is set to introduce scholars to seasoned practitioners from the community of NGO, and philanthropic, international, and government organizations to stretch (expand) networks of scholars and perspectives to help increase (advance) their work.
- There will be a partnership with a Columbia faculty adviser chosen for their subject matter skills (expertise) to endow scholars with new insights and perspectives to inform the work of scholars.
- There will be meaningful opportunities for scholars to make contributions to the intellectual life of the campus and get vivid exposure to various perspectives by engaging with the community of Columbia University.
Obama Foundation Scholars at Columbia University Requirements
The foundation is looking for rising leaders from the U.S. and around the globe who meet the below-mentioned criteria:
- Applicants should be emerging leaders who have made meaningful contributions to their area (field) and are currently (now) at a ‘breakthrough moment’ in their careers.
- They have a proven commitment to leadership and service within a community, country, or region, together with a demonstrated commitment to return to those communities after the completion of this program and apply their enhanced training, connections, and skills on a long-term basis for the larger benefits of these communities.
- They need to be fluent in English (written, verbal, and spoken).
Note: There is an exemption available for English proficiency such as test scores. You need to check about them at the official call.
Related Opportunity: Study in Estonia and Belgium – A Mammoth Opportunity for Students
Financial Benefits for Obama Foundation Scholars Program 2024
Fully funded benefits will be offered to successful candidates under the Obama Foundation Scholars at Columbia University. Let’s check out the details below:
- You will be offered a furnished studio apartment within walking distance of Columbia University.
- You will receive a monthly stipend for assistance with living expenses in New York City.
- Coverage for all tuition and fees for up to four courses will be provided at Columbia University.
- You will receive air travel expenses to and from your home country and any program relevant activities.
- Basic medical, life insurance and dental coverage will be provided for the duration of this program in New York.
Required Documents for the Program of Obama Foundation Scholars
- Personal Video Statement
- Responses to Short Essay Questions
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Proof of English Proficiency
Deadline for Your Application Submission
The application period is open for the 2024-2025 Obama Foundation Scholars Program. Submission will last till 12th December 2023.
How to Apply for the Obama Foundation Scholars at Columbia University
If you think you are eligible to apply, you should then very carefully read all details available on the official call. For application submission and all relevant details about this program, you should check the official webpage.
Follow Our Social Platforms to Receive More Scholarships & Relevant Opportunities
Get regular updates on scholarships and all other relevant opportunities by joining our social media platforms.
Another Interesting Opportunity: Tips for Writing a Gripping Motivation Letter to Get Scholarships & Admissions
More Interesting Scholarships for You:
- GREAT Scholarships Offered at the University of Bradford
- Scholarships at Robert Gordon University in Scotland