Those who are looking for a PhD fellowship should now be ready to find the best opportunity available in a European country. Applications are now open for PhD positions in Theoretical Computer Science and/or Combinatorial Optimization at the Department of Computer Science of the University of Copenhagen in Denmark. The PhD position is tentatively starting from 1st September 2024 (the date of start is negotiable). It is without any doubt going to be the best opportunity for researchers seeking opportunities in Europe. Complete details about the Ph.D. Fellowships at the University of Copenhagen are available ahead in the post.
Relevant Information Regarding the Ph.D. Fellowships at the University of Copenhagen
As far as the PhD students are concerned, they will be part of a world-leading research environment in Theoretical Computer ScienIe. We are home to the Basic Algorithms Research Copenhagen (BARC) Center joint with the IT University of Copenhagen and possess extensive collaborations with Lund University on the Swedish side of the Oresund Bridge and the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) in addition to our many visitors.
The university is looking for top talent from across the world in a creative, ambitious, collaborative, and fun environment. By making the use and power of mathematics, the university creates fundamental breakthroughs in complexity theory and algorithms. Although the focus is on theoretical research, the university does have a track record of surprising algorithmic discoveries that lead to major industrial applications.
You Might Like: Fully Funded Obama Foundation Scholar Program in USA
About the University of Copenhagen (Denmark)
Founded in 1479, the University of Copenhagen is among the largest and oldest universities in Denmark. Apart from being the oldest and largest, it is also ranked higher being the best university in Scandinavia. It is ranked second in the EU (European Union) as well by ShanghaiRanking. As far as the University of Copenhagen ranking in the world is concerned, it is ranked 107 by QS World University Rankings.
For a period of 3 to 5 years, the positions are offered depending on your present education level as discussed further in the following, and your vital tasks as PhD student at SCIENCE are mentioned as follows:
- Managing and carrying through your research project.
- Completing and passing the MSc education in accordance with the MSc programme curriculum (provided that you attend the integrated MSc and PhD programme).
- Completing PhD courses corresponding to around 30 ECTS (1/2 full-term equivalent).
- Teaching and disseminating your research.
- Participating in research exchange by working at some other research institution preferably abroad for some time (for fewer months).
- Writing scientific articles that are aimed at journals and high-impact conferences.
- Writing and defending your PhD thesis based on your project of research.
Eligibility Criteria for the Ph.D. Fellowships at the University of Copenhagen
- If you like to be eligible to apply for these PhD positions, you have to have or be about to get either a BSc or an MSc degree in the fields of mathematics, computer science, or relevant fields.
- The successful candidates will be expected to have a strong background and enthusiastic interest in theoretical computer science and mathematics, as shown by exceptional grades in related courses, or by results at the Olympiads of Mathematics or Informatics, or by publications in related internationally recognized journals or conferences.
- It is worth noting that creativity and problem-solving skills are required and happen to be a must.
- If you are interested in applied research, you need to show strong programming skills.
- You need to be utterly motivated for doctoral studies.
- You should possess the ability to work independently and you need to perform critical analysis and have good levels of English language expertise (skills) and communicative abilities.
- You should note that the working language is English, and you should have a good knowledge of English.
Another Relevant Scholarship: Attractive Funding at Western University Canada to Study in Canada
Associated Financial Benefits
Successful candidates will be offered salaries. The terms of employment and salary will be in accordance with the agreement signed between The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State (AC) and the Ministry of Finance.
Available PhD Programme
You can undertake the PhD programme, depending on your education level as either
Option A: 3 years of full-time study
Option B: Up to 5 years of full-time study
Note: For complete details of the PhD programme, you should check the official call.
- Your Resume/CV
- Brief Statement
- Diploma and Transcripts of Records (BSc and MSc)
- Names and Addresses of Three References are Required
- Other Information for Consideration
Deadline for Applications
The last submission date for applications is 10 January 2024.
How to Apply for the Ph.D. Fellowships at the University of Copenhagen
The application process is simple. Visit the official call for complete details and the application procedure.
Follow Our Social Platforms to Receive More Scholarships & Relevant Opportunities
Get regular updates on scholarships and all other relevant opportunities by joining our social media platforms.
Another Interesting Opportunity: Study in Estonia and Belgium with a Double Degree Program
More Interesting Scholarships for You:
- Study in the USA with the University of Findlay USA Scholarships
- Scholarships for Master’s Degrees in The Netherlands