If you are seeking to apply for the USIP Peace Scholar Fellowship Program, you may now do so since the applications are now open. This Peace Scholar Fellowship Program awards non-residential fellowships to Ph.D. candidates who are enrolled at United States Universities and writing their doctoral dissertations on topics/subjects relevant to conflict management, peacebuilding, and security studies. The program has been functional since 1988 and since then has supported the dissertations of 408 scholars, many of whom have made it big in careers in research, policymaking, and higher education.
Relevant Details about the USIP Peace Scholar Fellowship Program
If you are interested in applying for the same, you should be aware that the 2024-2025 Peace Scholar Fellowship competition is now open and the applications are invited to be submitted until 16th November 2023.
The program makes a partnership with the Minerva Research Initiative to support additional fellowships. Presently, this program offers up to eighteen (18) fellowships per year, and awards support both the research and writing stages of work on dissertations.
USIP strongly encourages applications from members of groups traditionally under-represented in the fields of peace and conflict studies, international relations, security studies, and other relevant academic disciplines, as well as international policymaking and diplomacy.
Request for Applications for 2024-2025
If you are a PhD candidate, you can apply for it. Ph.D. candidates with high quality, policy-related research that will deepen their understanding of conflict management, other applicable security relevant studies, and peacebuilding, USIP seeks applications from you.
USIP will prefer applications that are closely related to the USIP Issue Areas and/or research priorities of the Minerva Research Initiative. USIP will give special consideration to the proposed research in the below-mentioned fields/areas:
- Global Shocks and Fragility
- Strategic Rivalry
- The American Approach to Peacebuilding
Eligibility Criteria for Peace Scholar Fellowship Program 2024
- The competition is open to PhD candidates who are enrolled at universities in the United States and who have successfully completed all required classwork and comprehensive exams.
- Non-U.S. nationals (citizens) are also eligible to apply for this opportunity, but they have to be Ph.D. candidates presently enrolled at any U.S. university. It should be noted that the students at satellite universities and international universities are not eligible.
- There is no age limit for application.
Requirements of the USIP Peace Scholar Fellowship Program
There are requirements to be met for this scholar fellowship program. Peace scholar fellows will continue their fellowship work at their universities or other sites appropriate to their research. They are expected to devote their complete attention to their work and will be asked to provide the following:
- They will participate physically (in person) at the annual Peace Scholar Workshop to be conducted in Washington, D.C. in the fall.
- They need to submit their quarterly dissertation progress reports to be signed by the dissertation advisor.
- Peace Scholars will submit updates regarding the USIP Peace Scholar seasonal newsletter.
- They will also participate in two virtual roundtable discussions.
- They will submit a copy of their completed and approved (by the committee) dissertation to USIP.
- Peace Scholars will submit copies of any other publications including books and articles, resulting from the fellowship.
Related Scholarship Opportunity: BI Norwegian Business School Offers PhD Scholarships in Norway
Associated Financial Benefits
Successful peace scholars will receive a stipend of up to $20,000 to be paid directly to the fellow in three tranches. It is to be noted that a combined amount of $50,000 is the maximum budget that can be paid in funding from USIP and other funders during the fellowship period of 10 months.
Closing Date for Applications
Registration is open and will close by November 16th, 2023. Completed applications are due by November 28th, 2023.
How to Apply for the USIP Peace Scholar Fellowship Program
The online application will include the following sections:
- Personal and contact information
- Confirmation of candidate’s eligibility – the candidate has to be a Ph.D. candidate enrolled at a university in the United States.
- Letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae (Resume)
- Optional links to publications
Note: Applications plus all materials need to be submitted on FLUXX (an online application platform). There are two steps for the application – register for a FLUXX account and start plus submit the application. Visit the official call for the fellowship program and very carefully read all sections available on the call before submitting the application.
Follow Our Social Platforms to Receive More Scholarships & Relevant Opportunities
Get regular updates on scholarships and all other relevant opportunities by joining our social media platforms.
Another Interesting Opportunity: Study & Work Opportunity Offered By Boston University in USA
More Interesting Scholarships for You:
- International Postdoctoral Program in Austria
- Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships to Study in South Africa and U.K.