Are you a neurologist seeking an online fellowship opportunity? If yes, a mammoth opportunity is waiting for you to grab offered by APPNA (The National Academy of Medical Education), a cloud-based virtual academy. APPNA offers the highest quality medical education in a self-paced manner to all medical students, residents, and physicians in Pakistan without any boundaries. It is a project of APPNA Merit (Medical Education Research Information and Technology Transfer) Committee. You may now learn about the Online Fellowship in Stroke and Vascular Neurology ahead in the post.
Online Fellowship in Stroke and Vascular Neurology – Details & Course Description
The fellowship is all about training the stroke leaders of tomorrow. The application period is going on and for the batch 2024, the applications are being accepted.
This fellowship program (course) has been designed to increase the knowledge and expertise of physicians practicing in the area/field of stroke. This online format of the fellowship program will help develop a workforce of neurologists with training in stroke which can supervise, guide, and facilitate stroke care at all levels of healthcare.
You Might Like: Excellent Master Fellowships in Switzerland (Attractive Funding)
Goals of the Program
Let’s check out the goals of this online neurology fellowship program.
- Applicants need to be confident and safe in the management of acute stroke.
- To develop/build stroke programs and enhance the quality of stroke care.
- Applicants should be able to manage basic neurocritical care for cerebrovascular diseases.
Who is the Target Audience?
This fellowship has been designed for neurology trainees and recent graduates of neurology training programs.
Duration of the Program
It will commence from 1st February 2024. The duration of the course is 9 months.
It will be a fully-packed program to equip the participants with utter knowledge and skills required for this field. The fellowship program will utilize a blended learning approach, integrating self-directed learning with online weekly interactive sessions and feedback.
The fellowship program will consist of module-based learning with a manageable commitment per week of 2 to 4 hours.
You May Be Interested in: Chancellor’s International Scholarship in the UK
These are the modules of the fellowship program.
- Introduction and setup
- Basics understanding, stroke epidemiology and understanding literature
- Clinical syndromes, presentations, atypical variants, stroke mimics
- Etiology and Pathophysiology
- Cerebrovascular anatomy
- Secondary prevention of ischemic stroke
- Acute management of ischemic stroke
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage
- Intracerebral hemorrhage
- Systems of care
- Stroke rehabilitation and spasticity
- Uncommon stroke etiologies
Course Fee for the Fellowship
A one-time fee for this online fellowship program is $500.
- Transcripts of the degree
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- A statement of purpose
- A support letter from a faculty member/program director
- Any other supporting documents you think can be beneficial to support your application
You Might Show Interest in: Online Masters Scholarships Offered By American University Washington
Deadline to Submit the Applications
There is no last date specified on the official call. Interested candidates may contact the official source to learn about the deadline.
Application Process for Online Fellowship in Stroke and Vascular Neurology
Follow Our Social Platforms to Receive More Scholarships & Relevant Opportunities
Get regular updates on scholarships and all other relevant opportunities by joining our social media platforms.
Another Interesting Opportunity: Utrecht Excellence Scholarships for International Students in the Netherlands
More Interesting Scholarships for You:
- Full Scholarships Offered By Rotary Foundation
- The Annual IELTSing Scholarships with Simple Eligibility
- Junior Professional Associates Required By the World Bank