Did you ever think of studying abroad? Do you want to study in Holland at the most notable and prestigious leading university in the Netherlands (Holland)? If yes is your answer, then you now get ready to witness a marvelous opportunity that not only offers you admission but also a scholarship opportunity as well. Without wasting more time, let’s now get the details about the Utrecht Excellence Scholarships available to apply for in the Netherlands.
Relevant Details Regarding Utrecht Excellence Scholarships
If you are a talented international student, you may apply for this scholarship facility. As far as this opportunity named The Utrecht Excellence Scholarship (UES) is concerned, it is a highly chosen program designed for exceptional international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA – the EU countries, Liechtenstein, Iceland, and Norway) who are geared up and wish to study for a Master’s degree at Utrecht University.
You Might Like: Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarships in Australia
Who Offers the Funds?
The funds for scholarships offered to the selected students are issued from the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship Fund which was established by Utrecht University in addition to the contributions from Utrecht University alumni.
About Utrecht University (The Netherlands)
It is a renowned public university located in Utrecht, the Netherlands. It was founded on 26th March 1636 which is why Utrecht University is called one of the oldest universities in the Netherlands.
If you are concerned about learning for the Utrecht University ranking, it is ranked 107th in the QS World University Rankings.
Eligibility Criteria for Utrecht University Scholarships for International Students
If you want to apply and are interested in this gigantic opportunity that has come up for you all from the Netherlands, you then need to meet the eligibility standards mentioned in the following lines.
- The applicants have to be from the top 10% of their graduating class.
- They do not possess EU/EEA passports and must not be eligible for support under the Dutch study grant and loan system.
- They have completed their secondary school and/or Bachelor’s degree outside the jurisdiction of the Netherlands (out of the Netherlands).
- The applicants must have applied for an international Master’s program with a commencement date of 1st September 2004. Remember, not all programs participate in this scholarship facility.
- You need to check Master’s program > Tuition fees and financial support to check if the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship is mentioned as a scholarship opportunity.
You May Show Interest in This: The Annual IELTSing Scholarships for You
Selection Criteria for Utrecht Excellence Scholarship 2024
Based on the below-mentioned criteria, applicants will be chosen for this scholarship scheme.
- The academic quality of the applicants and their promise in the proposed field of study (as evidenced by their master’s application) will be taken into consideration.
- Their academic brilliance (excellence) as evidenced by proof of belonging to the toppers (top 10% of their graduating class) will be considered – the class ranking certificate, GPA laced with grade distribution summary, and reference letter/statement should be signed and stamped by applicants’ university.
- Applicants’ quality and relevance of their motivation letter for the Master’s study program (academic content, personal motivation, intercultural and communication skills) will be noticed/judged.
- The quality of the application for the Master’s study program (accuracy, completeness, consistency) itself will be judged.
Scholarship Amount (Financial Benefits) for Utrecht University Scholarships
If you are awarded the scholarship, the scholarship amount will be conferred as:
- Your tuition fee, or
- The tuition fees plus the required income for one year linked to a residence permit for your study program as determined by the IND (Immigration and Naturalisation Service).
Note: You can renew your scholarship for the second year of 2 years Master’s program.
Deadline for application Submission
If you wish to be considered for this opportunity, you should the. Submit your application before 1st February 2024. Selection criteria will begin after the deadline. The results or the outcome of the application will be published by mid-April.
Related Opportunity: Erasmus Plus Internships Available in Europe
How to Apply for Utrecht Excellence Scholarships
After you submit your application (or applications) for a UES eligible Master’s degree program before the deadline, non-EEA/EU students will then have the opportunity to apply for one Utrecht Excellence Scholarship from 1st November 2023. For more details about the application procedure in addition to the complete details regarding this scholarship opportunity, you are advised to visit the official webpage.
Follow Our Social Platforms to Receive More Scholarships & Relevant Opportunities
Get regular updates on scholarships and all other relevant opportunities by joining our social media platforms.
Another Interesting Opportunity: Full Scholarships Offered By Rotary Club – Big Opportunity
More Interesting Scholarships for You:
- Fully Funded Scholarships in The Netherlands
- Full Scholarship at Maastricht University in The Netherlands