For those planning to go to the United Kingdom, they will land on the need of taking the IELTS test. This test has now become a prime requirement for students, workers, and immigrants wishing to go abroad. You are required to pass IELTS (with the required score) whatever your purpose is no matter if you like to go to the UK or other parts of the world (requirements for IELTS test or English proficiency may vary from country to country, but in the United Kingdom IELTS is largely required and accepted). Apart from students, if you like to live and work in the UK, you need to undergo this requirement. Let’s find out a detailed overview of this requirement for living and working in the UK purpose.
IELTS for You If You Want to Live and Work in the UK
The fact remains that the UK happens to be the 5th largest economy in the world and offers a wider scope of employment. The average salary in the United Kingdom is approximately £29,009 (Office for National Statistics Survey 2018). The country continues to be a famous destination for international graduates.
If you like to live in the UK or you are among the ones who would like to work in the UK, IELTS is required. If you are going to take the IELTS exam to support your UK visa application to work or live in the United Kingdom, you will be required to take one of the below-mentioned tests:
- IELTS for UKVI General Training
- IELTS for UKVI (UK Visas and Immigration) Academic
- IELTS Life Skills
As far as the type of the test and the score requirements are concerned for the above-mentioned tests, it will depend on the institution’s requirements where you like to work, or your visa requirements.
Which IELTS Test is Suitable for You?
IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training – these are the two most popular tests available for you. Which one is for you between the two depends on what you want to do.
IELTS (International English Language Testing System) helps you with moving abroad, improving your English proficiency (skills), or getting a job abroad.
This test measures your English proficiency level to show if you are suitable for an academic environment. The test reflects academic language aspects and makes an evaluation if you are all set to start your study or training.
Purpose of IELTS Academic
- This test should be taken if you like to study at an undergraduate or postgraduate level abroad.
- If you like to apply for a Student Route visa (Tier 4) at a university that is a Student Route (Tier 4) Sponsor in the United Kingdom, this test is a requirement.
- If you would like to work in a country that is English-speaking for a professional organization, IELTS Academic should be taken.
Related Scholarships You Might Like:
- University of Winnipeg Scholarships Offered to Study in Canada
- The World Bank Offers Legal Internship Program
IELTS General Training
This test best measures your proficiency in the English language in a practical and everyday context. There are various purposes behind this test. It is used or taken for various reasons. Let’s learn about the same.
Purpose of IELTS General Training
- This test needs to be taken if you like to study or train below degree level.
- You may take this test if you would like to work or undertake work-related training in a country that is English-speaking.
- If you like to emigrate to an English-speaking country, you will need to take this test.
- If you want to get another job in your own country, you may need this test.
Note: You may now take the IELTS test either paper-based or computer-based (at various locations) depending on your preference. You may get details and learn more about it here.
This is a new facility that is an online test used to measure the level of your English language and keeps your educational goals on track.
Are You Looking to Study or Work in the United Kingdom?
To support your visa application for the UK to study, live or work there, you could be in need to take the IELTS for UKVI (UK Visas and Immigration) General Training or Academic or the IELTS Life Skills Test.
As far as IELTS Life Skills and IELTS for UKVI are concerned, they are called SELT (Secure English Language Tests) which are approved by the United Kingdom Home Office for visa applications to the United Kingdom.
In the end, if you want to Live and Work in the UK, taking IELTS is what you need first to demonstrate your proficiency in the English language.
Follow Our Social Platforms to Receive More Scholarships & Relevant Opportunities
Get regular updates on scholarships and all other relevant opportunities by joining our social media platforms.
Another Interesting Opportunity: Summer Fellowships Available in Europe with Funding Facilities
More Interesting Scholarships for You:
- Goldsmith University of London PhD Scholarships Available in the UK
- Lutfia Rabbani Foundation Scholarship in The Netherlands