For those seeking internship opportunities, there is a mammoth and colossal internship program available to apply for. The opportunity is offered by The World Bank Legal Vice Presidency which provides the highly-motivated law students with an opportunity to be exposed to the work and mission of the World Bank and that of the Legal Vice Presidency. This is going to be a massive career-making and enhancing opportunity for students, getting professional experience under the world’s biggest organization called ‘The World Bank’. If you are interested and want to put your career towards success, then you may submit your application for the World Bank Legal Internship Program. You may read more details ahead in the article.
Relevant Details about The World Bank Legal Internship Program
This internship program lets individuals bring new perspectives, novel ideas, and the latest research experiences into the daily operations of the World Bank and enhance their legal dexterities while working in an environment of multi-culture.
This internship program is offered thrice s year, and the duration of the same consists of 3 months conducted at the headquarters of the World Bank in Washington, D.C., and in certain chosen country offices for presently enrolled students of the law schools.
You Might Like: DSU Rising Scholarships at Dakota State University in the USA
The Objective of the World Bank Legal Vice Presidency
As far as the objective behind this internship program is concerned, it is to provide the interns with first-hand experiences of the day-to-day operations at the World Bank by making a close collaboration with staff in the legal Vice Presidency.
As part of our team, working directly with outstanding and inspiring development professionals and senior management, you will get the chance to contribute to the legal services offered by the Legal Vice Presidency as well as participate in high-profile events and conferences organized during the term of your internship.
Duration of Internship
The duration of the internship is 10 to 12 weeks. It is conducted typically between September and November.
Your Role as An Intern
- You will conduct a variety of legal assignments.
- You will conduct research on assigned issues using existing law files and alternative sources, summarize findings and analyze information.
- You will conduct comparative legal analyses on various issues, identify legal and policy issues, research precedents and propose appropriate solutions.
- You will assist in the preparation and organizing of meetings and conferences.
- You will participate in task/project teams with your supervising lawyer(s).
- You will perform ad hoc assignments as your supervisor request you to do so.
This is the best training program for you. As an intern, you will learn massively at the giant platform of the World Bank. But first, you need to be onboard. And to get on board, you need to meet the eligibility requirements.
- Applicants with citizenship of any IBRD member state are eligible.
- You need to be enrolled in an LLB, LLM, JD, PhD, SJD, or any equivalent legal academic program while you will be pursuing your internship with the World Bank (such as if you submit the application for the summer cycle of LIP, you have to be enrolled in an eligible legal academic program between June and August).
- Applicants should possess an exceptional command of the English language.
Note: The World Bank encourages applications from all eligible international as well as U.S.-based students.
Related Scholarships You Might Like:
- Scholarships Available at St. Lawrence College in Canada
- Short-Term Training Scholarships Available in New Zealand
Deadline for Application Submission
The last date for application submission is 30th April 2023. Try to submit the application before the deadline.
How to Apply for The World Bank Legal Internship Program
Applications should be submitted through an online application portal. The following documents are required to be submitted along with the application.
- Statement of Interest
- Proof of enrollment in a law degree (JD, LLB, LLM, PhD, SJD, or equivalent) and academic transcript(s)
- You need to provide a short essay presenting a response to a research question posed by the Legal Vice Presidency for the prevailing period of application.
Applicants are also advised to visit the official website to learn all details completely.
Follow Our Social Platforms to Receive More Scholarships & Relevant Opportunities
Get regular updates on scholarships and all other relevant opportunities by joining our social media platforms.
Another Interesting Opportunity: Funding Facility for Summer Fellowships in Europe
WhatsApp Group Facebook Page Facebook Group Linkedin Page Linkedin Group Linkedin Quroa Space Tweets Instagram Pinterest Telegram Channel Telegram Group Tumblr
More Interesting Scholarships for You:
- Nomads Skillshare Scholarship Program in Bali
- Fee Waiver Scholarship at Goldsmith University of London