Have you ever thought of studying in South Africa? If yes, you are an application away from your dream come true. If you are seeking a postdoctoral fellowship abroad, then this opportunity might turn out to be a true fit for your requirements. Tshwane University of Technology, a new but a popular university in South Africa, announces the call for postdoctoral research fellowships. If you show your interest in the same or you would like to apply, you should then learn complete details regarding Tshwane University of Technology Postdoctoral Research Fellowships for which the applications are invited.
Relevant Details about Tshwane University of Technology Postdoctoral Research Fellowships
The announced postdoctoral fellowships are required at the Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment of the Tshwane University of Technology. If you would like to apply for these postdoctoral research fellowships, you need to meet the eligibility standards.
The university wants to enhance its research outputs and throughout of postgraduate students, strengthen supervision, and add to its number of postdoctoral research fellows to colossally expand its research base. Thus, to accomplish this, the Tshwane University of Technology is pleased to invite applications from prospective postdoctoral research fellows who will be based within different departments in the Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment.
You Might Like: U.S. Government’s Fully Funded Tomorrow’s Leaders Program
About Tshwane University of Technology
Situated in South Africa, the Tshwane University of Technology is a popular higher education institution that was launched with a merger of three Technikons namely Technikon North-West, Technikon Northern Gauteng, and Technikon Pretoria. The university was founded on 1st January 2004. The popularity of the university lies in its quality of teaching, community engagement, and research.
Faculty Priority Areas of Interest
- Topics related to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Artificial Intelligence
- Green and Smart Technologies
- Polymer Composites and Nano-Materials
- Earth Observation Using Geomatics Tool
Conditions Required for Funding for Postdoctoral Research Fellowships
- It is to be noted that the funding for a postdoctoral research fellowship could not be held concurrently with any other fellowship from any other government sources (NRF, etc.) and any kind of full-time salaried employment.
- Postdoctoral research fellowship might hold non-binding supplementary grants or rewards to the institutional capped value.
- It has to be noted as well that the postdoctoral research fellowship will entirely be based at TUT full-time for the complete duration of the fellowship and must not be employed (full-time or part-time) during the tenure of the fellowship (postdoctoral fellowship).
General Eligibility Criteria for Tshwane University of Technology Postdoctoral Research Fellowships
- Funding for postdoctoral research fellowship will depend on funds availability.
- It is worth noting that if you are interested in applying, you must have earned (obtained) your doctoral degree within 5 years of applying (a PhD conferred in 2021, 2022, and 2023 will be preferred).
- This program (postdoctoral research fellowship) is open to foreign citizens, South African citizens, or permanent residents intending to undertake postdoctoral research at TUT.
- You must have a proven track record of research publication in peer-reviewed or accredited journals.
- If interested in applying, you need to attach certified copies of your passport or identity document and proof of your Master’s and doctoral qualifications.
- You also need to provide a certified copy of the SAQA evaluation certificate (for international Ph.D. qualifications) and those applicants, who are still in the procedure of obtaining/completing their doctoral degree, are required to provide a letter of confirmation of completion of their doctoral qualifications from their institution.
A doctoral degree with a research focus in a related field of study.
Per annum, R250,000 will be offered to successful candidates.
Reporting – For continuous monitoring of progress, a progress report will be required to be submitted by the awardees to the host in the ninth (9th) month of the postdoctoral fellowship.
Relevant Opportunity: Western University Canada’s Scholarships
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, you should submit the following documents to CoetzerA@tut.ac.za:
- Certified copies of all of your relevant qualification certificates.
- Your detailed resume/CV including a list of all research/creative outputs.
- You will need to provide a certified copy of the SAQA evaluation certificate (for international PhD qualifications).
- Certified ID or copy of your passport
- Proposal on one page explaining the project title and details linked with research areas/priorities and SDG targets that you like to pursue during the Postdoctoral Research Fellowship.
- Proposal on one page explaining the approach linked with research areas/priorities and SDG targets that you wish to pursue during the Postdoctoral Research Fellowship.
Deadline of Applications
The closing date for applications is 24th November 2023.
How to Apply for Tshwane University of Technology Postdoctoral Research Fellowships
If you think you are eligible and want to apply for it, you should follow the whole process of application. Read complete details on the official call for postdoctoral research fellowships. You may also raise your enquiries with Ms. Adri Coetzer at +27 12 382 5256 or through email at: CoetzerA@tut.ac.za.
Follow Our Social Platforms to Receive More Scholarships & Relevant Opportunities
Get regular updates on scholarships and all other relevant opportunities by joining our social media platforms.
Another Interesting Opportunity: New Zealand Government Offers Higher Funding for Short-Term Training Programs
More Interesting Scholarships for You:
- Swiss European Mobility Programme, Applications are Invited
- Dakota State University Scholarships to Study in USA