Where Switzerland is known for its beautiful locales and romantic holidays, it is also popular for its education and the quality of education delivered at the universities over there. Among top universities of Switzerland, University of Lausanne too holds a worthwhile position on the charts. The university has now announced 15 fully funded PhD scholarships in Quantitative Biology for international students. These scholarships are targeted to international students who can now apply for these positions
Well, the Faculty of Biology and Medicine has lately announced this doctoral program in Quantitative Biology in which international applicants can now make their applications to be considered. The chosen candidates will be conferred with a fully funded scholarship laced with stipend and other benefits.
Information about the Fully Funded PhD Positions in Quantitative Biology
Country Name: Switzerland
University Name: University of Lausanne
Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
Deadline: 16th October 2020
Information on Research Groups
A number of research fields are available in 15 PhD Positions in Quantitative Biology such as:
- Diverse as evolution
- Synthetic Biology
- Plant Science
- Cancer Genomics
- Molecular Biology
- Biological Imaging
- Computational Biology
- Full tuition fee
- Monthly stipend to be provided to high achieving participants
- Chosen candidates will also receive additional funding for their research and conferences attendance
Duration of This Scholarship
Initially the duration of the scholarship will be one year and later it will be extended to 4-5 years.
Eligibility Criteria for 15 PhD Positions in Quantitative Biology
The applicants need to fulfill the below mentioned eligibility criteria. So, let’s check out it first.
- You can be eligible if you have a life science degree and are interested in working in an experimental lab, but show a higher degree of motivation to learn the fundamentals of computational biology, and to develop quantitative skills to analyze data more effectively.
- If you have a life science degree and show your interest in working in a dry computational lab and you are passionate to deepen your quantitative skills and broaden your horizon in terms of experimental and computational techniques.
- Students who appear with a non-biological background (e.g., computer science, mathematics, physics) and they are highly motivated to transition to Life Sciences, can also be considered.
- English proficiency required for high-quality research.
Required Documents for These Scholarships
You need to present the following documents along with your applications if you like to apply and be considered for the scholarships.
- Motivation Letter (max. one page)
- CV or resume
- All-Academic Records (Attested)
- Master’s Thesis Summary (max. one page)
- Recommendation Letters ( 2-3 referees)
Deadline for Applications
For all 15 PhD Positions in Quantitative Biology (scholarships), the deadline set is 16th October 2020 for all international students. Try to apply beforehand.
How to Apply for Scholarship
No need to get worried about, as the process of the application is simple and online. It can be done on official website.