Those students, who are thinking of studying abroad particularly in the Netherlands, should now get ready to submit their applications for a higher education scholarship opportunity. If you want financial help as well, then this opportunity is going to help you also. If your concern lies in a postgraduate degree and your academic career leads you to go for a Masters degree, then you need to be ready fully to submit your applications for the Maastricht University Holland-High Potential Scholarship. Let’s now find out more details about this opportunity.
Relevant Details about Maastricht University Holland-High Potential Scholarship
Applications are open and invited for the Maastricht University scholarship. This scholarship offers 24 full scholarships worth € 30,000 (including a monthly stipend and tuition fee waiver) each academic year for highly exceptional and talented students who have to be outside the European Union (EU). These students must have been enrolled (admitted) in Masters programs at UM.
The most attractive thing about this opportunity is that this scholarship facility consists of both the High Potential Scholarship (which is financed/funded by the Maastricht University Scholarship Fund) and the Holland Scholarship (which is funded by the Dutch Government – Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science in conjunction with the universities in The Netherlands/Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences).
The scholarship is targeted at international students who are from outside the EU/EEA area wishing to undergo a full degree program in the Netherlands. As mentioned above, it is for postgraduate education (Master’s education).
Brief Details about This Scholarship
Following is the detail about this opportunity in a brief manner.
Name of the Institution: Maastricht University
Scholarship Opportunity: Maastricht University Holland-High Potential Scholarship
Offered Program: Master’s program
Financial Status: Funded Opportunity
Applications Deadline: 1st February 2023
About Maastricht University (The Netherlands)
It is a public research university which is located in the city of Maastricht in The Netherlands. Established in 1976, Maastricht University is the second youngest among the 13 Dutch universities. As far as Maastricht University ranking is concerned, it is ranked at 278th position on QS World University Rankings.
Eligibility Standards for This Opportunity
To be eligible for this full scholarship, you need to prove your eligibility. Let’s check the eligibility standards as under:
- You need to be an international student (outside the area of EU/EEA, Surinam, or Switzerland).
- The applicants should meet the requirements to get an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- The applicants should not possess a double nationality from an EEA/EU country.
- The applicants have applied for their admission to a participating Master’s degree program (full-time) at Maastricht University for the academic year 2023-2024.
- The applicants should meet the admission requirements of the Maastricht University program to which they have submitted their applications for.
- The candidates have never participated in any degree-seeking higher education program in Holland/The Netherlands.
- Those students, who have completed their exchange programs in the Netherlands, are welcome to submit the applications.
- On 1st September 2023, the age of the applicants should not be more than 35 years.
- During their prior education programs, the applicants have earned exceptional results, as mentioned by their latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence. If the university or the committee finds numerous applications equally qualified, the university will then prioritize the applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence shows that they happen to be among the top five percent of the 2023-2024 scholarship program applicants.
Related Scholarships You Might Like:
- Lancaster University in the UK PhD Scholarships
- University of Essex Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarships
Duration of the Scholarship
- For a one-year Master’s program: 13 months
- For a two-year Master’s program: 25 months
Financial Benefits Associated with This Scholarship
Let’s find out the financial details as under:
- Tuition Fees: At a cost. It will be arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk.
- Living Expenses: € 12,350* (for 13 months) or € 23,750* (for 25 months). UM International Services Desk will pay these amounts to the students.
- Visa Application Expenses: € 207. It will be arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk.
- Health and Liability Insurance: € 700*. It will be arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk.
- Pre-Academic Training Costs: At a cost. It will be arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk.
(*) It should be noted that the above-mentioned amounts are subject to change for the academic year 2023-2024.
Applications Deadline for Submission
The last submission date for the applications is 1st February 2023.
The Procedure of the Application/How to Apply for Maastricht University Holland-High Potential Scholarship
- Step One – You need to register for a Master’s degree via Studie Link.
- Step Two – Fill out the online application form. You have to log in with your UM account.
Before you plan to apply, you are highly advised to visit the official call of the scholarship and read all details there plus the complete application procedure.
Follow Our Social Platforms to Receive More Scholarships & Relevant Opportunities
Get regular updates on scholarships and all other relevant opportunities by joining our social media platforms.
Another Interesting Opportunity: University of Copenhagen Offers Scholarships for MA/MSc Programs
More Interesting Scholarships for You:
- Lutfia Rabbani Foundation Scholarships in The Netherlands
- NPU President Scholarships are Offered in China