Are you seeking a PhD program? If yes, you should now get ready to make your applications for the same. UNU-Merit now seeks applications and invites applicants to apply for new PhD fellows to join the PhD program available as full-time and part-time tracks. Both of these tracks will commence in September 2023. For these two tracks, highly motivated, exceptional, and talented fellows are invited especially from the Global South who would like to join the bandwagon of a flourishing and collaborative community of scholars. For those who would like to submit applications should start processing for UNU-Merit PhD Programme. Let’s learn about the same.
Relevant Information about UNU-Merit PhD Programme
The United Nations University PhD program on Innovation, Governance and Sustainable Development (IEGSD) provides a higher quality of education, training and supervision to its candidates for PhD program, leading to a doctorate program from Maastricht University.
The program will be conducted at Maastricht University in The Netherlands.
This PhD program happens to be a part of the UNU-Merit Graduate School and hosts more than 100 PhD fellows who are working on a doctoral/PhD dissertation within the UNU-Merit’s core disciplines:
- The Economics of Innovation
- Public Policy and Governance
- Societal Transformations
You Might Like: Carnot Excellence Scholarships in France
PhD Positions and Programs Available at UNU-Merit
Following are the positions available. Let’s check them out:
Full-Time Track: This attracts typically young fellows as residents to Maastricht to work the majority of their time (0.8-1.0 fte) on their Ph.D. research which is funded by a UNU-Merit fellowship or a scholarship or external grant.
Part-Time (Dual Career) Track: This normally attracts researchers and professionals with full-time or part-time jobs which let them combine their careers with getting a doctorate/PhD. They secure their funding on their own for their dissertation from the country the applicants live and or work in and then come to Maastricht a minimum of two times a year for their training and interaction with their supervisors and peers.
Eligibility Criteria for Full-Time Track (Admission Requirements)
- The applicants need to possess a Master’s degree from a related academic field including political science, economics, business administration, social sciences, and computational social sciences. They should have a strong academic background.
- Those fellows who complete their Master’s program in Spring 2023 are also eligible to submit the applications.
- English proficiency is required via an approved test from the applicants who are from non-English speaking countries outside Europe.
Note: Complete eligibility details should be checked on the official page.
Related Scholarships You Might Like:
Financial Benefits Associated with This Program (For Full-Time Track)
- Up to 10 PhD fellowships are awarded and the selected candidates get a tuition fee waiver.
- For a period of four years, the fellowship conferred to the candidates contains a monthly net fee of €1500 offered by UNU-Merit. It is conditional on the satisfactory progress of the candidates to be assessed at the start of the first year.
- As a fellow, the candidates will obtain a research budget for the coverage of costs relevant to their research like travel or equipment.
Note: You are advised to check complete details about the financial details on the official page.
Eligibility Criteria for Part-Time Track (Admission Requirements)
- You need to possess a Master’s degree from a related academic field including political science, economics, business administration, social sciences, and computational social sciences.
- The applicants should possess an outstanding academic background.
- You need to provide English proficiency in the form of approved tests if you are outside Europe, or from non-English speaking countries.
- You need to provide support or approval from your present employer to do this PhD program.
Note: Complete eligibility criteria should be checked on the official page.
Financial Benefits Associated with This Program (For Part-Time Track)
Presently, UNU-Merit does not provide any type of scholarship to join this part-time program. If the candidates like to apply for a scholarship, UNU-Merit is pleased to assist them in this effort after they have been accepted into this PhD program with proof of enrolment and recommendations.
Note: Complete details should be checked on the official page.
Both of the tracks commence in September. The call for applications starts in November and the deadline happens to be the end of February.
Deadline to Submit the Applications for PhD Programs
The last date to submit the applications is 28th February 2023.
How to Apply for UNU-Merit PhD Programme
Interested candidates first read the official call for the PhD program and learn all details. For a full-time track, you may check the official page (where you may find all details about this Ph.D. program including the application procedure). For a part-time track, the applicants should read details on the official page (where they can find out everything related to this Ph.D. program including the application process).
Follow Our Social Platforms to Receive More Scholarships & Relevant Opportunities
Get regular updates on scholarships and all other relevant opportunities by joining our social media platforms.
Another Interesting Opportunity: UNESCO Requires Interns (Internship Positions)
More Interesting Scholarships for You:
- Lancaster PhD Scholarships for International Students
- $180,000 Funding for International Students in Canada