There is no denying in mentioning that Commonwealth Scholarships are the most prestigious ones and they are awaited highly and anxiously by the students worldwide. Now, they are out and you need to fasten the belts to make your applications for. Commonwealth scholarship 2021 to be conducted in UK and the applications are now open for the students who belong to the member countries. Eligible programs under these scholarships include Master degree and a PhD degree. Each year, more than 200 students are chosen to study in the UK. There is no application fee to make the application for. These are fully funded scholarships, so, no worries at all for the expenses.
Information on Commonwealth Scholarship 2021
This scholarship is funded by the Government of the UK and UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO). These funds are available to you to carry on your Masters and PhD degrees from the United Kingdom. There is no need to get worried about your choice of subject as all fields are available under Commonwealth Scholarship 2021.
Duration and More Details about Commonwealth Scholarship 2021
Well, the duration of the scholarship for Master program is 1 year whereas the duration for the PhD scholarship is for 3 years. This scholarship has been targeted to the students from the low- and middle-income countries, these include 54 countries.
Country Name: United Kingdom
Eligible Countries: Commonwealth Member Countries
Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
Application Fee: No Fee Required
Programs: Masters and PhD
Deadline for Applications: 1st of February 2021
Available Fields with Commonwealth Scholarships
These scholarships are for fulltime Masters and PhD programs to be conducted at the UK universities. You are at liberty to apply to any of the UK university where you find yourself fit. Available fields include social, arts, natural sciences, medical, clinical, engineering, education and sciences, etc. The scholarships are offered under below six themes.
- Science and Technology for Development
- Strengthening Health Systems and Capacity
- Promoting Global Prosperity
- Strengthening Global Peace, Security, and Governance
- Strengthening Resilience and Response to Crises
- Access, Inclusion, and Opportunity
Financial Coverage for Commonwealth Scholarship 2021
Well, the financial coverage for the UK commonwealth scholarship 2021 is mentioned as under.
- Airfare that will be approved Round Airfare Tickets from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award.
- Full tuition fees which will be approved.
- Monthly Stipend (living allowance) to be awarded to the chosen students at the rate of £1,084 a month, or £1,330 a month for those students studying at universities in the London metropolitan area.
- Where applicable, the students will be conferred with the Warm clothing allowance.
- Where applicable, thesis grant will be offered.
- Students will also be awarded with the Study travel grant (study-related travel within the UK or overseas).
Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarships
- The students need to be a national of or has been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or he or she needs to be a British Protected Person.
- The students need to be a permanent resident in an eligible Commonwealth country.
- The students who have successfully completed their 4 Year Bachelor Degree or the ones who have completed their 2 Year Bachelors and 2 Year Masters degrees are eligible to make their applications for the commonwealth scholarship 2021.
- The students should not be registered for a PhD, or an MPhil leading to a PhD, at any of the UK universities prior to September/October 2021.
- They need to hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honors standard by October 2021, or should have a second-class degree and relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree) to be eligible for the scholarship.
List of Eligible Countries
You need to check your countries, which are eligible for these scholarships before starting an application. There are 54 countries which are members of Commonwealth from Africa, Asia, Europe, the Americas and the Pacific. Click HERE for list.
Deadline for Applications
The interested students need to be quick for applying. It is suggested to apply well before time. The last date to make the applications for the scholarships is 18th January 2021.
How to Apply for Commonwealth Scholarship 2021
The students should not be worried about the application process, as it is easy and is online. You need to follow the application procedure of your country, as each country’s application procedure is different. Visit the Official website of the Commonwealth. For Masters (Apply Here). For PhD (Apply Here)