The best scholarships from Sweden are out there for you to grab. If interested, you may then learn details and submit your applications for SI Scholarship for Global Professionals. If you want to be eligible for this opportunity, you need to be a citizen of one of the 41 eligible countries. Besides, you need to have enough documented proof of work and leadership experience. Apart from that, you also have to follow the application steps for University Admission and be enrolled in one of the eligible master’s programs on time.
Relevant Details about SI Scholarship for Global Professionals
The aim of this scholarship scheme is to develop future world leaders who will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and to sustainable development. This year (2023), the Swedish institute is offering around 250 scholarships for Master’s degrees in Sweden.
SI Scholarship is offered to full-time students for a one- or two-year Master’s program. This opportunity is funded by the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs. The call for applications is announced every year for master’s degrees commencing in the autumn semester.
You Might Like: Queen’s University Belfast Undergraduate Scholarships
Brief Details about SI Scholarship
Although to be eligible to apply, you need to be a national/citizen of an eligible country, there is no need to live in the country by the time of application submission. This scholarship is offered to only master’s programs. And the opportunity is provided/funded by the Swedish Government. Only the citizens of eligible countries (names of the countries can be checked on official page) may submit applications for this scholarship facility.
Name of Country: Sweden
Name of the Organization: Swedish Institute
Program on Offer: Master’s Degrees
Applications Deadline: 28th February 2023
- Interested applicants have to be from eligible countries. But there is no need to live in the country by the time they submit the application.
- Applicants have to possess a minimum of 3000 hours of demonstrated work experience. Additionally, you must have shown your leadership experience from your present or previous employer, or from civil society engagement.
- Applicants have to be liable to pay their tuition fees to the universities of Sweden, have followed all required steps of University Admissions, and be enrolled (admitted) to one of the eligible master’s degree programs by 30th March 2023.
- The master’s degree programs, the applicants apply for, need to be eligible for SI Scholarships. Priority is given to those programs within certain subject fields, depending on the applicant’s country of citizenship.
Note: Those applicants having dual citizenship(s) and both of the citizenships are eligible for this scholarship opportunity, can then select only one of the citizenships by the time they apply for the SI Scholarship for Global Professionals. For more elaborative details, the applicants are advised to visit the official website.
Related Scholarships You Might Like:
- Funded Einstein Fellowship for Outstanding Young Thinkers
- United Nations University Offers Merit PhD Programme in The Netherlands
There is a vast variety of programs available to study. Approximately 700 master’s programs taught in the English language are available in the autumn semester of 2023. You may check out the complete list of the programs.
Financial Benefits Associated with This Scholarship
Successful applicants will receive financial coverage mentioned as under:
- Coverage of full tuition fees. SI will pay the fees directly to the Swedish university at the start of each semester.
- Successful students will also receive SEK 11,000 for the coverage of their living expenditures throughout the period of their study.
- Coverage for insurance against accident and illness.
- A travel grant will also be offered. It will be a one-time payment and does not apply to those students already residing in Sweden. For complete details about travel grants, students/applicants should visit the official call for scholarships.
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Professionals.
- Once the scholarship period ends, students will become members of the SI Alumni Network.
Required Documents for SI Scholarship
Apart from the required documents, no other document will be considered. The applicants are required to use SI’s provided forms, and you have to complete your application in English. Your complete application should carry:
- Letter of Reference (only the SI-template will be acceptable for reference letter)
- Resume/CV (SI-template will be acceptable for CV)
- Valid and completed proof of leadership and work experience (SI-template will be acceptable only)
- Copy of valid national ID card/passport
- Motivation (it will be asked in the application portal)
Deadline for the Submission of the Application
The last date to submit the application is 28th February. Late applications will not be considered.
How to Apply for SI Scholarship for Global Professionals
The application process and submission of the application are simple. Just follow the steps mentioned on the official page under the ‘How to Apply’ section. Complete details about the scholarship are also mentioned on the page.
Follow Our Social Platforms to Receive More Scholarships & Relevant Opportunities
Get regular updates on scholarships and all other relevant opportunities by joining our social media platforms.
Another Interesting Opportunity: Canada-CARICOM Skills Training Program Scholarships
More Interesting Scholarships for You:
- UCL Offers Undergraduate Global Scholarships in the UK
- University of Essex Vice Chancellor’s Scholarships in the UK