The majority of the PhD candidates or students seeking a PhD degree seek doctoral scholarships. If they are interested in doing the degree abroad, the necessity of the funding turns out to be quite higher than usual. Undoubtedly, getting funding for a Ph.D. or a scholarship for your doctoral degree is supremely tough. But students nonetheless receive funding sometimes full, sometimes partial, and sometimes fully funded. It all depends on the availability of the finances and their credentials, which they show in their applications. In a capsule, the application and CV need to be stronger for funding. If you are seeking a PhD scholarship, French Government Doctoral Scholarships could be beneficial for you.
French Government Doctoral Scholarships – Details
The French Government (Embassy of France in the Central African Republic) is pleased to announce scholarships for the year 2024. The call for applications has now been announced and the applications are open for submission.
The scholarships are open for students at the University of Bangui to complete a Doctorate in a French or African University. The students concerned have to be enrolled in a thesis at the University of Bangui and be in one of the below-mentioned situations. If interested, you need to meet this criteria.
- They should be enrolled in a doctoral school at a university in France or Africa.
- They need to possess a letter of invitation (invitation letter) to carry out part of their research work in the laboratory of a university in Africa or France.
You Might Like: PGT Excellence Awards in Scotland
Eligibility Criteria for French Government Doctoral Scholarships
If you would like to be considered for the opportunity and you want to apply for the same, you need to meet the eligibility standards mentioned as under.
- The applicants should possess a Central African nationality and they should be residents of the Central African Republic.
- Their age should be 45 or less.
- They need to be lecturers or temporary tenured teachers at the University of Bangui.
- They should also present a solid and related research project.
- The applicants should also be enrolled in the first year of the thesis in 2023-2024 at the latest at the University of Bangui.
- These sectors will be provided priority – health, science and technology, law, economics, political science, and management.
Available Funding for Doctoral Scholarships
This scholarship program offered by the French Government concerns mobility scholarships. It provides coverage for stays abroad in a host laboratory as part of their doctorate or post-doctorate.
You May Be Interested in: Fully Funded Kofi Annan Fellowship, Applications are Invited
Deadline for Application Submission
The closing date for application submission is 29th February 2024. If interested, you then need to be fast and apply as early as possible.
- The candidate’s information sheet (the model for the same is available on the website of the French Embassy in the Central African Republic or you may get it from the website of the University of Bangui).
- Invitation letter to a host laboratory.
Note: Those who are shortlisted and invited for interviews will be asked for additional supporting documents.
How to Apply for French Government Doctoral Scholarships
If you think you meet the eligibility criteria and you have developed your interest in applying, you should visit the official call for applications and learn all the details including the application procedure. The official call is in French, you can covert it into English using Google Translate or any translation software.
Follow Our Social Platforms to Receive More Scholarships & Relevant Opportunities
Get regular updates on scholarships and all other relevant opportunities by joining our social media platforms.
Another Interesting Opportunity: Global Postgraduate Scholarships in the United Kingdom
More Interesting Scholarships for You:
- Uppsala University Scholarships in Sweden
- University of Uttah Scholarships in the USA
- Australian Government Provides More Opportunities to International Students