International Development Research Centre in Canada offers opportunity to you to grab. IDRC Research Grants are offered for international students. If interested, you may proceed with reading the post and learn about the details of this opportunity so that you can then submit your applications. The IDRC Research Awards 2022 are conferred to the students in the development areas or themes such as Democratic and Inclusive Governance, Climate-Resilient Food Systems, Ethics in Development Research, Education and Science, Global Health, Sustainable Inclusive Economics and Policy and Evaluation respectively.
Related Opportunity: Nokia Visiting Professor Opportunity in Finland
Relevant Details about IDRC Research Grants
The students will need to submit their research proposals. If their proposal is chosen, they will join IRDC as a recipient of a research award for the duration of 1 year from May 1st 2022 to April 30th 2023. The chosen candidates will receive a salary paid in Canadian Dollars ranging between CA$42,033 to CA$48,659 to undertake research on the subject or topic they have submitted.
The researchers/candidates will gain hands-on experience in grant administration, research and program management and support, creation, use of knowledge and dissemination from an international perspective.
The IDRC Call for Proposals 2022 has been issued, and is available on the official website.
Information about IDRC Research Awards 2022 in Brief Manner
Organization: IDRC (International Development Research Centre)
Program: IDRC Research Grants
Financial Benefits for This Opportunity: Highly Funded
Deadline to Submit the Applications: 14th February 2022
About International Development Research Centre
It is a Canadian Federal Crown Corporation. IRDC, which stands for The International Development Research Centre, funds research and innovation. Being a part of Canada’s foreign affairs and development efforts, IRDC makes funding for research and innovation within and together with developing regions. It was founded in 1970. The founder of IRDC is the Parliament of Canada.
Similar: International Students May Be Benefited with MIT Scholarships in New Zealand
Eligibility Criteria for This Grant
Let’s find out the eligibility standards set by IRDC for the applicants.
- Citizens of Canada, permanent residents and the nationals of developing countries with a work permit (which should be valid for full-time work 37.5 hours per week) in Canada till the April 30th
- Those students, who are from middle income or low-income countries and who are not the citizens of permanent residents of Canada, are also eligible, but they should have a valid student work permit and have to be enrolled in a university in Canada.
- Those students, who are enrolled in or have passed their Master’s degree from a recognized university within the time frame of last 3 years or those applicants who are enrolled in a doctorate (PhD) program with a recognized university, are also eligible.
- Remember, the students or the applicants with a complete Master’s degree or the ones who are enrolled in a PhD program and are in first two years of the doctorate program, will be given preference to others.
Financial Benefits Available
- The selected candidates will be provided with a salary for one year from CA$42,033 to $48,659.
- For the payrolls of the candidates, they will be considered as full-time non-union employees of International Development Research Centre.
- The opportunity also carries numerous benefits such as employer health tax, employer contributions to employment insurance, paid vacation leave, and Canada Pension Plan.
- There are few research and travel expenditures to be supported as well. They could be up to maximum of CA$15,000.
You Might Like: CIRES Internship Program for International Students
Deadline for Applications
The last submission date for applications for IRDC Research Grants is 14th February 2022.
How to Apply for the Grants
The application process and submission are online at the official portal. Visit the official website for detailed information and application submission. The page also displays numerous other opportunities to grab.