Are you quite passionate about studying in London? Does the world’s most lively and boisterous metropolitan city of London entice you the most to attend your desired study program? Undoubtedly, London, the capital city of the United Kingdom, is the central attention and center of attraction of all and sundry including international students who dream of studying there. So, here is the opportunity for which you can submit your applications to let your dream come true. Applications are invited for the London Metropolitan University Vice Chancellor’s PhD Scholarships. If you are a Ph.D. seeker, you may apply for it.
Relevant Details about London Metropolitan University Vice Chancellor’s PhD Scholarships
As far as London Metropolitan University is concerned, it is undoubtedly among the best universities in London. Thus, if you make your choice to study there for your PhD degree, it will be a beneficial and right decision for your better future.
The university is seeking applications for postgraduate scholarships for a period of up to 4 years of full-time support so that the students can complete their PhD at the university without the burdens of finances. Known as Met, London Metropolitan University is a public research university located in London, United Kingdom. The university’s history roots back to 1848. But in 2002, it was created after a merger of the University of North London and London Guildhall University.
You Might Like: University of Calgary Scholarships in Canada
Eligibility Criteria for Vice-Chancellor’s PhD Scholarships 2023-24
- International students are eligible to apply for this opportunity.
- Applicants should possess an exceptional degree in a subject related to the topic applied for.
- The university desires that the applicants should possess an excellent Master’s degree.
- Applicants having an alternative professional or occupational experience will also be taken into consideration in lieu of Master’s level qualifications.
- If successful, you will be supported to get an Associate Fellow status with the Higher Education Academy besides you will also have access to the essential (necessary) teaching experience to obtain this.
- Being the Vice-Chancellor’s scholar, you are expected to do an in-house Postgraduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education module entitled Facilitating Student Learning (FSL) that runs from October end to the middle of February.
- The successful completion of this module will also endow the students with the ability to qualify for the Associate Fellowship at Advance HE (AFHEA). Complete details about it can be checked on the webpage of the official call for this opportunity.
- Students may be awarded with a work placement of up to 3 months that might be included as a part of the Ph.D. if it increases the outcomes of research and/or the students’ career prospects.
- Students, who are offered a post, will also be provided with support to publish papers and attend conferences. They will also be conferred with the opportunities to get experience supporting numerous committees, research for, and be involved in initiatives, in university-wide research activities and events.
Successful students will receive funding for their PhD program such as a fee waiver and a stipend of £23,000 per annum. The availability of the funding will be for a maximum of 4 years.
Related Scholarships You Might Like:
- Global Undergraduate Scholarships at University of London
- University of Western Australia Scholarships for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programs
Deadline to Submit the Applications
The last date for application submission is 9th June 2023. It is advised to submit the applications before the deadline.
Following are the documents required along with your application.
- A proposal containing 300 to 500 words that address the contribution applicants will make to the particular project. You can apply for only one project.
- Provide a short cover letter that outlines your motivation for the application.
- Your statement containing 200 words shows your values in relation to the race equity agenda and the university values.
- Your scanned passport or other ID documents in scanned form
- Qualifications proofs in the scanned form in PDF format.
How to Apply for London Metropolitan University Vice Chancellor’s PhD Scholarships
There are two stages for the Application procedure. You need to visit the official call for this opportunity and learn all details about the scholarship there besides do read the application process on the official webpage to check how to apply following two stages of application.
Follow Our Social Platforms to Receive More Scholarships & Relevant Opportunities
Get regular updates on scholarships and all other relevant opportunities by joining our social media platforms.
Another Interesting Opportunity: TEFL – Your Gateway to Successful Career, Time to Get Certification
More Interesting Scholarships for You: