The fact remains that Erasmus programs always lure students from all parts of the world. This is because, these scholarships offer quality education, a high level of teaching standards, study with mobility opportunities, and above all full scholarships. If Erasmus has ever impressed you and allured you and you have been a dreamer for the same, then there is an opportunity offered by Erasmus Mundus. The scholarship is being offered in a study program that is laced with giant employability and a big successful career scope. This opportunity is named Erasmus Mundus Master Program in Plant Breeding – emPLANT Master. You may now find out the details about it so that you can then apply, if you meet the eligibility requirements.
Erasmus Mundus Master Program in Plant Breeding – emPLANT Master
This program offered by Erasmus Mundus is for both funded and self-funded students. If you like to avail scholarship, you may apply for the same or you may go with the application for a self-funded student. The Erasmus Mundus Master Program in Plant Breeding – emPLANT Master is a 2-year degree Master program offered by a consortium of six prestigious European universities in the field of plant biology, plant breeding, biotechnology, and seed technology to face the challenges of world challenges like climate change and population growth.
You Might Like: Erasmus+ Internships – Plenty of Internships in Europe
Objective of emPLANT+
The objective of this program is to remedy the lack of qualified highly skilled plant breeders on the Master and PhD levels with a training program that combines management law, science, language skills, and intercultural competence respectively.
General Information About Erasmus Mundus Master Program in Plant Breeding – emPLANT Master
This special program has been designed and launched plus organized by a consortium of six leading European universities (as mentioned in earlier lines) from six different countries. The universities include the Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences (Hungary), UniLaSalle Polytechnic Institute (France), Universitat Politècnica de València (Spain), University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences (Austria), Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (Sweden), and University of Milano (Italy).
Employability after the Completion of the Program
According to the official website of emPLANT+, students will be able to work (after graduation) as technical and scientific managers of commercial or public breeding programs on technology, methodology, or cultivator development in seed production and crop improvement, in Research and Development, in charge of legal questions which are linked to seeds in the agro/seed/food industry or they can pursue a doctorate (PhD) degree linked to crop production, breeding, and plant biology.
If interested, you need to meet the Erasmus Mundus Program in Plant Breeding requirements to apply for this study program and its scholarship.
Students from all parts of the world are eligible to apply for the Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in Plant Breeding – emPLANT+. It means all nationalities of the world are eligible to submit applications for the Erasmus Mundus scholarship.
To apply for the Erasmus+ Master Program in Plant Breeding, you need to check if you meet the following requirements.
You have been conferred with a Bachelor of Science degree (minimum 180 ECTS) in Plant Biology, Agriculture/Agronomy, Biochemistry, Molecular Biosciences, Master 1 Genetics, or relevant fields.
Or students who are in their last Bachelor’s year.
For those candidates who have completed their BSc studies in Ethiopia, Bangladesh, India, Ghana, Pakistan, and Nigeria, they need to meet the compulsory additional requirements to apply:
- If your grading system is out of 4 or 5 – you must have gained a minimum of 90% of the maximum score (for example – applications can be submitted with a CGPA of 3,6 out of 4, or more. Or you may apply with a CGPA from 4,5 out of 5, or more).
- If your grading system happens to be out of 10 or 100 – you must have obtained a minimum of 80% of the maximum score (examples include your application can be submitted with a CGPA of 8 out of 10 or more. You may also apply with a CGPA of 80 out of 100 or more).
- And, the applicants have to be among the 10% best of their class and this has to be proved with a justification from their supervisor.
You May Like to Check it Also: Stanford University Offers Standford Summer Session – Study in USA
Required Language Proficiency
Language proficiency is required in the Erasmus Mundus Master Program in Plant Breeding – emPLANT Master program. Let’s find out the details.
B2 in English except when English is the applicant’s mother tongue. If this is not the case, then one of the following documents is required:
Official English Test Score – IELTS (minimum 6.0), TOEIC (minimum 785 points)
TOEFL (577 paper-based, 90 internet-based (20 written), 233 computer-based, Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English
Or a University Letter Attesting English is the Medium of Instruction – This letter should be from the applicant’s higher education (candidates with such a letter/certificate will need to pass an official English test answering the minimum requirements mentioned above at the latest during their first emPLANET+ year of study so that they can be accepted in the second year university).
Spanish Language – If you are applying to UPV in year 2, you should have a B1 level by the beginning of the second year (it is not a requirement at the time of application). Official test: DELE, ALTE, etc.
Note: It is worth noting that the applications should be received before the deadline. The application form should be filled out in English, and the application must contain all required documents and elements.
Required Documents for Erasmus Mundus Master Program in Plant Breeding 2024
If you think you are eligible to apply after checking eligibility requirements and now want to submit your application for emPLANT, you need to attach the following documents with your application in a PDF format.
- Applicant’s copy of diploma(s), certificate(s), and degree(s) (If applicable, an English translation should be added) or enrolled certificate from applicant’s university (for last year students).
- A copy of the transcript of records is also needed for the applicant’s entire degree and a grading scale (an English translation should be added, if applicable).
- A certificate of applicant’s ranking (as mentioned in admission requirements) will be required for the applicants with a BSc earned in Ethiopia, Bangladesh, India, Ghana, Nepal, Nigeria, and Pakistan.
- If applicable, a copy of the official language certificate attesting the applicant’s language skills in English and Spanish will be required.
- CV required in a European format.
- Your passport or valid ID document.
- Your residence proof – proof of present and exact place of residence.
- Two recommendation letters (signed) are required.
- Declaration on honor
- Other documents you find relevant for your application.
Note: You should visit the official webpage for complete details to learn everything before applying.
Related Scholarships You Might Like:
- New Zealand Government Scholarships (Higher Funding)
- Massey University Scholarships Available in New Zealand
Associated Financial Coverage for Erasmus Mundus Master Program in Plant Breeding – emPLANT Master
While you apply for the emPLANT+ Master program during the first call (from October to mid-January), you automatically apply for an EMJMD (Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree) scholarship.
While you apply for emPLANT+ during the second all for application (from mid-January to the end of February), you apply for a self-funded student.
There are two different types of EMJMD scholarships to be offered:
- Scholarships for Program Country students
- Scholarships for Partner Country students (check the exception for 12 months residency rule that consist few scholarships for students who are from targeted region of the world.
Students who are conferred with an EMJMD scholarship will receive the following financial support:
Successful students will receive full scholarships, details of the scholarships are mentioned below:
- Participation costs
- Travel and installation costs
- Subsistence costs
Note: You may visit the official page for complete details about the scholarship coverage.
Other Funding Availability
If you are not awarded an Erasmus scholarship, there is no need to get worried about it as you have different solutions to help you finance your studies. For details (as to what is available to you), you are advised to visit the official webpage.
Deadline to Submit the Applications
The call for applications for academic years 2024 – 2026 has started from October 1, 2023. You can submit your application by January 9, 2024.
How to Apply for Erasmus Mundus Master Program in Plant Breeding – emPLANT Master
It is worth noting that both applications for scholarship and self-funded need to be submitted through the same online application form, which is available for you and you can apply from there. If interested, you may apply now (emPLANT application). You are advised to visit the Application Procedure page for details and the application process. Additionally, you should also check the official call.
Follow Our Social Platforms to Receive More Scholarships & Relevant Opportunities
Get regular updates on scholarships and all other relevant opportunities by joining our social media platforms.
Another Interesting Opportunity: Short-Term Training Scholarships Available in New Zealand
More Interesting Scholarships for You:
- Western University Canada International Admission Scholarships
- Master’s Scholarships at Radboud University in the Netherlands